PUDHU VAAZHVU PROJECT, RAMANATHAPURAM
Pudhu Vaazhvu Project is an Empowerment and Poverty Reduction Project implemented by the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department of Government of Tamil Nadu with World Bank assistance. The Project is implemented in 26 backward district of Tamil Nadu including Ramanathapuram District as most backward district. The target population of this Project is the poor and very poor households, the most vulnerable sections including the physically challenged and the marginalized communities. The project follows the Community Driven Development Approach wherein village communities identify their own needs, design, plan interventions, implement, and monitor them by adopting key non-negotiable principles of the project.
Objective / Vision
To empower the poor by improving their livelihoods and reducing poverty by:-
- Developing, strengthening pro-poor local institutions at the village level.
- Building the skills and capacities of the poor.
- Enhancing their livelihoods by financing demand driven sub project investments.
All activities of the Project are implemented by adopting key non – negotiable principles of the Project
- Inclusion of the poorest & disadvantaged - 90% of Project funds for very poor and vulnerable
- Equity to the disadvantaged especially women.
- All decision based on participative processes, involving at least 60% of the target poor.
- Facilitating Style of functioning by officials and staff.
- Transparency Accountability ensured at all stages of Project implementation.
Expected outcome of the Project
- At least 20% increase in incremental income against base year for 50% of the target households by end of the project.
- At least 70% target households have increased their income.
- At least 80% of CBOs (VPRCs and Federations) have accessed and managed Project funds according to rules and procedures.
|S.No.||Year of implementation||Block||Cluster||No. of Panchayats||No. of VPRCs|
Poor Identified by PIP
|S.No.||Block||Total Families||Target Families||Percentage|
- VPRC Activities
- SHG Activities
- PLF Activities
- Differently abled and Vulnerable Welfare
- Job Oriented Youth Skill Training
- Common Livelihood Groups and EAFs
- Pudhu Vaazhvu Mental Health program
- Village Knowledge Centre
- Native Chicken Incubators
- Transport Facilities to Remote Villages
- Feed Mixing Unit