e-District is one of the State Mission Mode Projects under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), which aims at electronic delivery of identified high volume of citizen centric services through Common Service Centers (CSCs), by leveraging the common infrastructure of TNSWAN, SDC, and SSDG. Tamil Nadu is one of the State chosen for Pilot implementation of e-District Project. e-District has been envisaged by Government of Tamil Nadu as an automation of workflow and internal processes of district administration with the possibility of seamless integration of various departments for providing services to the citizens.
This project is of paramount importance to the State, as it would help in creating an automated workflow system for the district administration and help in providing efficient department services through Common Service Centres (CSCs). The primary front end channels envisaged under the NeGP programme by Department of Electronic and Information Technology (DeITY), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeITY), Government of India (GoI).
- IT enablement of internal processes of district administration and subordinate offices to increase functional efficiency
- Automation of workflow and internal processes of district administration
- Seamless integration of the departments for providing services to the citizens - by integrating various District databases
- Infusion of transparency and accountability in operations
- Reduction of workload of officials involved in service delivery
- Develop mechanism for maintaining of the departmental electronic database
- To enable easier access to government services and dissemination of information required by the citizens
- Creation of IT infrastructure for rolling out e-Governance plan up to the Taluk levels
- To provide self-sustainable operational model extending Taluk levels with zero-down failure risk
- Capacity building to empower employees to own and operate the IT enabled Systems with confidence
- To enable the District Collector to carry out tasks with far more efficiency and ensure that the various Departments under him are working optimal.
Scope of work
The scope of the program is to cover maximum G2C, G2G, G2E services provided in the district through the use of ICT.
The services in the district are delivered through District\ Taluk\ Block level offices are brought under the ambit of e-District.
The district e-Governance Society, Ramanathapuram was formed and registered on 17 Sep 2013. e-District project was launched in Ramanathapuram Taluk on 7 Feb 2014. Since then all the eight taluks have been brought under e-District programme. Now, 291 common service centers(CSCs) are provinding e-District services to the public.
At present, 6 Revenue Certificates and 7 Social Service Schemes are available in entire District. When a citizen approaches a CSC for the first time, the citizen will be provided with a uinique CAN id, which will serve as a reference for him/her for all the services provided through e-District.
Also, the general public can check the status of their application in e-District website. After the final stage processing of an application, the citizen will get an SMS regrading the processed application, in the registered mobile number.